Salem Public Library is here to support teachers and parents in this very different style of school year.
As you may know, the temporary physical location for Salem Public Library is not currently open due to Covid.
They’d like to provide information on resources available from the public library that may be helpful for teachers and students.
There are a number of resources that will help get families started using current public library services.
All of this is information is available on the library’s Website at
To sign up for a library card, families just need to fill out the registration information online, click here to go to the site.
Library cards are available to Salem-Keizer students regardless of whether they are in or out of the Salem City limits.
Once they have a library card,
they can access the library’s virtual resources listed below and also our curbside services (click here to go to website)
which allows families to place holds on Salem library physical items, and schedule a pickup when they are ready.
The library’s Homework Help page provides a guide to online library databases for young researchers such as Worldbook Online, National Geographic for Kids and Enciclopedia estudiantil Hallazgos in Spanish.
The library also provides:
- Unlimited streaming educational movies for kids via Kanopy https://ccrls.kanopy.com/
- Downloadable ebooks and eaudiobooks via
- CloudLibrary https://ebook.yourcloudlibrary.com/library/salempl/Featured
- Library2Go https://library2go.overdrive.com/
- Tumblebooks Readalongs (books with audio) http://bit.ly/SPLTumbleBooks
- Tumblebiblioteca (TumbleBooks in Spanish) http://bit.ly/spl-tumblebiblioteca
New storytimes are available on our Facebook page every Monday and Saturday in English and Thursday in Spanish. We’re also going to begin offering Live storytimes the first Saturday of each month, beginning in October.